Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Forgiveness

When I got to the garden to water this morning I was greeted with the scent from the petunias. As I looked out over the garden, and how it's come along the thought that came to me was that these plants have been pretty forgiving. 
     They've survived the sustained heat, and periods when they didn't get water as regularly as they needed. They've wilted and struggled, but here they are, growing like crazy! The tomato plants have left the confines of the cages, the watermelon, pumpkins and cucumbers are wandering all over each other's space, the little grasses in the planters are taking off....pretty forgiving plants.

How important is forgiveness when it comes to growing and maintaining healthy relationships?

In our relationships - with friends, families, teachers, coaches - when was the last time I forgave someone? When was I forgiven? Is there forgiveness that needs to take place?


No comments:

Post a Comment